I hope you are all having a fabulous week… good news, it’s almost Friday! So as some of you may have read on the TeenCP Facebook Page, I am interning at United Cerebral Palsy of Orange County this summer to help promote a worldwide fundraiser called The World CP Challenge!
Today, I am asking those of you who like to stay active and fit to consider participating in the World CP Challenge in support of children with disabilities. The World CP Challenge is a 4-week health and wellness activity, which helps you get active while having a positive impact on the lives of people with disabilities AND spread CP awareness! Check it out online with the link provided below to watch a quick video too!!
The World CP Challenge:
- When: September 4th – October 2nd
- What: 4-week team challenge, promoting health & wellness
- Teams of 4 challenge themselves to take 10,000 steps a day—over 40 activities can be done and converted on the website to steps
- Wear your pedometer daily & log-in your steps and watch your team take a virtual trek around the world, climbing the highest peaks on each continent.
- Cost – $25 per adult/ $10 per child
- Where: www.worldcpchallenge.org/ucpoc
More details about the challenge can be found at www.worldcpchallenge.org/ucp-oc.org
Of course there are other UCP affiliates here in the states, so check out your local area to see if there is a center near you that is participating in the challenge! If not, you can always sign up your team or donate to support the Orange County center that I work with if you are feeling generous. 🙂 I am going to register my team, Team TeenCP very soon!! Registration ends in August, so luckily we have some time to pass on word of the great fundraiser that supports people like you and me who have CP!!
I will be posting updates here and there over the summer, but if you would like in on the Challenge and need more information, please feel free to contact me via email and I can send you all the info you need to help you succeed with this fundraiser!
To learn more about the services UCP-OC provide the community, visit www.ucp-oc.org.
Thanks for reading all, have a great weekend!!
P.S. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for some upcoming guest blogs from here on TeenCP!